Transform the Way You Think About Change
Creating sustainable organizational change demands more than project implementation or finite strategic initiatives. It requires fundamentally shifting the way people think about change.
By introducing a structured change management model designed to engage stakeholders across your organization, this two-day program will arm you with the tools and methods needed to transform your culture into one that embraces lean thinking.
- Learn how to manage change in a structured way
- Establish methods to tie your lean efforts to your organization's strategic objectives
- Create a vision and strategy for implementing change
- Foster ways to encourage a sense of urgency within the organization
- Develop a communications strategy for change
- Learn how to use lean tools at the right time in order to most effectively foster change
Izak Duenyas is the John Psarouthakis Professor of Manufacturing Management and Professor of Operations Management at the Ross School of Business. Dr. Duenyas holds an appointment at the Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering and serves as the Chair of the Technology and Operations Area. Dr. Duenyas' research interests lie in the performance analysis and optimal control of complex production and service systems.
Dr. Duenyas has been awarded the Executive MBA Teaching Award by Ross students four times and has also been awarded the “Researcher of the Year” award by the Ross School. His research interests include supply chain management and coordination, revenue management, evaluation of investment decisions in capacity, and modeling and control of production systems. Dr. Duenyas has been a consultant/executive trainer for a variety of companies, including Merck, Schlumberger, Cummins, Ford, Steelcase, Siemens, and others.
- Discuss the congruence between lean and firm strategy
- Case studies: examples of lean efforts that have failed and reasons for their failure
- Introduction to the change management model
- Hands-on simulation: Working in groups, manage change using the structured change management model
- Reflect on key learnings
- Develop short-term and long-term action plans
Participants will test skills in simulations before and after learning the change management model
- Assess the financial and non-financial impact of the lean change management effort
- Learn how to assess success of lean change management implementation
Put the 7-Step Change Management Process into Action
apply a 7-step change management process aimed at helping you
lead a sustainable transformation:
Understand your current situation and the need for change
Enlist a core change team, including stakeholder mapping
Develop a vision and strategy for change
Learn tools to create a sense of urgency in the organization
Establish ways to communicate the organization's vision
Use lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, and rapid improvement events to take action and improve processes
Consolidate the gains
This program features a hands-on, team-oriented simulation that puts you in position to manage change. Faced with long wait times and inefficiencies at 'Lakeview Hospital', you and your team will learn how to implement the structured change management model using lean tools and processes.